Saturday, January 7, 2012

Evening walk

In my quest to slow down a little more, I decided to take an evening walk after dinner tonight.  I've walked around Macau a lot in just five months, but usually these walks are for a purpose - I'm going to the laundromat.  I'm going to the Sunny View bus stop to catch the 22 to work.  I'm going to "Delicious Noodles" for a quick bite to eat because I don't want to cook.  I'm walking to the park to jog, then walking home, with another task in mind.

So, tonight I walked with no purpose.  I walked down a street that I'd never walked down before, which led to my watching a middle school soccer team practice in the local stadium.  The boys were so full of energy that they didn't notice the cold.  I was wearing a scarf and gloves; they were shouting and laughing in shorts.  At the end of that street, I found a park I'd never been to before.  And upon entering the park, I was excited to find a "kindred spirit" as one of my favorite authors might say - a cat lady!  The dozen or so stray cats in the park were circling her feet, waiting for their evening meal.  She noticed my interest and told me that the little black-and-white one was "Baby" (Bebe).

Now I'm home again and feeling refreshed.  My advice:  take an evening walk if you can!  :)

My Bebes
(some are not with me anymore but are still my babies)


Senior Juan Carlos



Panpan



Naranja




Emma Jane



Gracie




Domino Te Amo

2 comments:

  1. so, i left a comment here yesterday and today it is gone. wonder if this one will be here tomorrow or not....

    ReplyDelete