Monday, January 14, 2013

Christmas in Georgia

Christmas 2012 - My first Christmas in the United States in four years!  I never thought I'd say that!

The holiday went by too fast, but every moment was filled with joy.  Here are some of the highlights of the restful and happy holiday season:

Sarah with Domino


A self-shot at Cloudland Canyon.  The weather was cold and I was wearing a hodgepodge of borrowed gear.



 Nice, clear day at Cloudland.


Sarah and I were left to many of the Christmas undertakings - decorating the tree, making the Christmas dishes - while Mom was under the weather.  That's why the tree was sparsely decorated and pie crust was tough.  Sarah's eggs turned out well, though.





Carrie, Greg, Sam, and Willa came the day after Christmas.  We had a good visit with them.  Sam got a remote-controlled car that made a lot of noise but kept him well-entertained.




It was my first Christmas without Grandma.  I visited her graveside twice, but the reality of her absence is still sinking in.  


Two days after Christmas, we made a trip to south Georgia to visit Molly, Joe, Levi and Indigo.  

Levi, too, got the remote-controlled car (thanks, Aunt Rie), and Molly made the wise choice to send him outside with it.  I enjoyed following Levi around as he showed me his odds and ends.  He is a neat little boy!






This is what I could see as I was waiting to leave South Korea for Hong Kong.  The trip back to Asia from the States always makes me a little reflective.  I usually start out melancholy, but by the time I arrive in Macau, I'm relieved and happy to be "home" again.  Thanks for a wonderful holiday, everyone!





No comments:

Post a Comment