I thought this might be a nice way to save a letter that's very dear to me.
At our house, Grandma was famous for her thank you cards. She would write thank you cards after every Christmas but also after any special, thoughtful thing you did for her, too.
This is a thank you card she gave me after we spent a Sunday together and I bought her meal at Red Lobster when we went out after church with Juanita, Evelyn, and the Wells. I remember that she was especially tired that day, and instead of going to see her old home on Ridgeway Drive, we went back to Gaines Park, and she took a nap. We also worked on the 1000-piece daVinci puzzle that she was putting together at the time.
It's even more special because she wrote it just days before she passed away - she carried on her thoughtfulness even though she was wearing out.
No comments:
Post a Comment