After five years of living in Macau, I moved to Taipei on September 1. To be absolutely honest, the move sucked. Getting rid of most of my things in Macau, saying farewell after farewell to friends, and struggling to find a place to live in Taipei were stressful, to say the least. I'm glad to say that I've turned a corner and am finally starting to settle in to my new environment here in Taipei. More on my new apartment later...but I'd also like to say a big thank you to all those who helped me along the way. Thank you for your prayers. Thank you for listening to me talk on the phone as I struggled with doubts. Thank you for emails, Facebook messages, and text messages. Thank you for introducing me to your own friends here in Taipei, who have graciously helped me navigate a new city. And thank you to my loyal reader (Dale), who always sends me email updates about his own adventures.
The transition hasn't been easy, but God has used this challenge to show me many things, including how blessed I am with family and friends. I couldn't have done it without you. Thanks, guys!!
Congrats on starting a new adventure! I hear Taiwan is beautiful!
ReplyDeleteThanks!! It is!
Delete