Thursday, December 8, 2011

Thanksgiving

Now that grading is finished and classes are over, I can relax a bit and catch up on my blog posts.  Yay!

November 26, Angie, Jess and I had a Thanksgiving potluck at our apartment.  I got my Aunt Marjorie's broccoli casserole recipe (thanks, Aunt Marjorie and Mom), and bought the ingredients and a new baking dish that morning.  Our oven is small, so I bought a smaller baking dish than the recipe called for.  Even so, when I put the casserole in the oven, here's what happened:


Jess suggested cooking it longer and / or at a higher temperature.  I also covered it with aluminum foil to keep it from getting too brown on top.  That worked just fine.  Here's the finished product:


It must have been good, because there was none left afterwards.




Angie bought and baked a ham.  It turned out perfectly and was a nice traditional touch, since we did not have a turkey.




Non-traditional fare, but still delicious.  Carol bought these shrimp at the red market and boiled them for our feast.  Talk about fresh - they were crawling around only minutes before.

Lots of other good food was had, including Amanda's noodles and carrots, Chris' home-made bread, Jess' gravy and mashed potatoes, Angie's sweet potato fries, and Karen's traditional sweet potato and sugar-filled dumpling-soup (it's a dessert).  I had a lot of other pictures that somehow got deleted on my camera. :(  Jess' blog does a nice job of showcasing the food, in case you're interested.


Happy Thanksgiving:  Me, Jess, Chris, Angie, Carol, Karen, and Amanda (YT is taking the picture).

No comments:

Post a Comment