Here's what's new:
I got a comforter for my bed. Actually, it's not new. I got it in November when the weather started turning cold, but it's been a slow news week. The comforter is filled with lambs' wool from Australia, according to the package. It's started shedding lately so that I find white fuzz on my black pajamas and all over the bottoms of my slippers. I thought there was some fuzz in my hair the other morning, but, alas, it was a white hair! I've had more and more white - not gray - hair coming in. I'm trying not to let it bother me because I'm 30 this year, anyway...I guess it's time.
| Panpan loves the comforter. It's hard to get her out of bed in the mornings. |
Jess and I went to the Galaxy Casino's cinema and watched the new Muppets movie, The Muppets. Jess and I both have warm, fuzzy memories of the Muppets from our childhood - I watched the movies (Mom will never forget Follow That Bird and I still watch The Muppet Christmas Carol every Christmas, if I can), watched them on Sesame Street, and listened to them sing with John Denver, Christmas after Christmas. I was a little less excited about seeing the movie than Jess, but after watching it, I can't stop watching the songs on Youtube. I absolutely loved the movie and am glad that is is so family-friendly and true to the character of the Muppets. My two - no three - favorite songs so far are:
"Man or Muppet"
"I've Got Everything I Need"
"Pictures in my Head"
The Chinese New Year celebrations continue until the 15th day of the Lunar New Year, and then the celebrations end with the Lantern Festival. This has been the first year that I've received hong bao during the Chinese New Year festivities. These red envelopes have money inside and are given to friends and relatives. Thank you, my students, roommates, and colleagues. :)
| They all have good luck messages written on them. I can't read them, but the feeling is transparent. As my students say: "Wish you happy every day." |
No comments:
Post a Comment