I ask my students to write in a journal the last five minutes of every class. I usually give them a prompt that requires them to respond to something we did in class or to give feedback on an assignment. This week, for fun, I told them "tell me something interesting," and left the rest up to them.
One of my favorite responses has come from the night law class that I teach. These students are non-traditional, which means they are older and in many cases have families of their own.
From a male student who has a 2-year old daughter:
The interesting thing that I want to talk about my daughter. Today, when I want to leave for my job, I call my daughter to say goodbye and kiss me too. First, she just say goodbye and do not kiss me. When I want to close the door, she call me back and kiss me. I feel very happy and warm suddenly.
Now I feel happy and warm, too!
This is exactly how Sam and Greg say goodbye. S will never kiss G until he is shutting the door (after asking 20 times for kisses). Suddenly the door is closed and S falls apart shouting 'kiss' 'kiss'. G must always come back inside for kisses but always leaves happy.
ReplyDeleteLove it! Kids are great! :)
ReplyDelete