Thursday, November 1, 2012

All Soul's Day and Relaxation

Today is All Soul's Day in Macau.  That means I have another holiday!  And, I got to catch up on my sleep this morning.  :)

It's also a day to remember those we've lost in the last year, and I have been thinking of Grandma a lot this morning.  There are times when I want to call her and tell her something and then it hits me...or when I look at old photos and realize that everything in those pictures...her house, her things...are gone.  I miss you, Grandma, and am thinking of you today.

On a brighter note, I had a relaxing evening of shoe shopping last night with Amanda.  We went around Senado Square and browsed at the shoe stores there.  It amazes me that even Hush Puppy shoes in Macau are kind of outlandish (sparkles and everything) and they cost just as much or more than in the States.  Here are some particularly hideous ones, in my opinion.  


It was also a nice evening for photo-taking.  We had a storm front move through this week, and it brought cooler temperatures.  It's getting down to the 60s at night, and there's been a breeze blowing.  This is one of the fountains around Senado.


I took the photo below as I was leaving campus.  You can see two of the bridges that lead to Macau from Taipa.  In the patch of trees in the foreground there was a flock of white seabirds (they look like herons) settling in for the night.  There are actually hundreds of them in the trees, though this photo doesn't capture that.



No comments:

Post a Comment