I guess the last mile of a marathon is the hardest. I'm always struggling the last couple of weeks of the semester. It seems like the work just piles on non-stop, and I really want to grumble all the time. In truth, I am thankful for this job, for the opportunities it affords me, for the students who sincerely try their best, and for the co-workers who spend an extra moment just chatting with me when they're busy, too.
And even though I have a surprise solo-meeting tomorrow (Tess needs to have an MRI scan after her fall), I know that I'm blessed to have good health and need to pray for her more than worry about any extra work that falls my way. Thankfulness really does change your heart. As the hymn says, "Count your blessings, name them one by one. And it will surprise you what the Lord hath done." :)
No comments:
Post a Comment