Saturday, July 25, 2015

New beginnings

It was a difficult farewell today, saying goodbye to Tina, my roommate of two years. She finally got all the paperwork and procedures completed in order to study in New Zealand and left on Fiji airlines today!

We spent so much time together these past few years that I'm sure the next couple of weeks will be an adjustment as I find a routine without her in it. And I'm still in the emotional stage of the adjustment, where her things around the apartment remind me she's not coming back, and Tim's confused looks around her empty bedroom make me tearful.

As my grandma used to say, and my Mom still does, "That's life, honey." And it's true, but it's funny how "life" doesn't get easier. Goodbyes are difficult, whether from roommates moving, breakups, classes with your favorite teacher ending, or even death.

On the upside, goodbye makes room for hello. Tina and I will stay in touch and new relationships will be developed. It's all in His good hands.


No comments:

Post a Comment