Monday, August 3, 2015

More "good" byes

I finished teaching summer classes last Friday - what a relief!  The six-hour-a-day classes were hard on both teachers and students.  As usual, there was one class I preferred to the other, and I suppose the students preferred me, too!  They were so sweet and asked for a class photo and selfies after the last class.  Once the students "really" enter the university, they tend to not be as sweet.






Then on Saturday we bid farewell to "Evil" Esther - our homegroup prankster - at the "Shrekfast" at the Sands Casino.  She is the most fun-loving person I know, with the most upbeat spirit.  She's one of the first members of our homegroup, three years ago, and was baptized while she was in Macau.  She went to Portugal for a one-semester study-abroad and totally shared the gospel over drinking games and won a bet in which the loser had to read the whole Bible.  She is definitely salt and light.  In true Esther form, while we fare-welled her at the airport, she was the only one laughing among our tears.  We'll miss you, Esther!






And just to share - some beautiful flowers on campus today.



No comments:

Post a Comment