Tuesday, February 9, 2016

My Trip to Hong Kong Disneyland (October 31, 2015)

Even though I'm late posting this, it's still worthwhile to put it on here - Molly and I were just talking about how blogs are a great way to remember what's happened in your life, and I totally agree.

Since I've never been to Disney in the States, I figured I should go to Disney while there was one so close to me.  Also, I had heard that Hong Kong Disney, while smaller than Disneyland in Florida, is still an excellent representation of Disney and has many of the same rides as the one in the States.

I went on Halloween 2015 and even though I had to take a ferry and long metro-ride, I was still able to spend most of the day there (about 8 - 10 hours) with my friend, Elaine, who lives in Hong Kong.


The Disney-line
The adventure all begins on the Disney line of the Hong Kong metro.  The trains are decked out with bronze statues of Disney characters and Mickey mouse-shaped windows and features.  I didn't expect to be so excited, but once you enter the train, you really do feel that you're going somewhere special, away from the normal hustle and bustle of Hong Kong.







The Park
The Park has several "zones" that you can visit.  We went to most of them, including Toy Story, Tarzan's Tree house, Space age, Prospector's land, and Classic Disney.  

My absolute favorite ride was one that was in the Prospector's land.  It was a a small roller coaster and it seemed very predictable...until it wasn't!  Then it scared the daylights out of me and I had to ride it two more times.  

Disney gives a lot of attention to details, which I really appreciate, as well.  Each ride was perfectly timed to give you a lot of enjoyment but not to keep others waiting very long.  

We saw a short Fantasia 3D film in the Classic Disney zone that was far better than any 3D film I've ever seen.  The 3D was the most realistic I've encountered, plus they use extra-sensory cues like scents, wind, and water to make you feel like you're in the film.  It was excellent!

Well-done, Disney!  I understand why so many people love Disney now.

























No comments:

Post a Comment