Thursday, August 18, 2011

Home, Sweet Home

Yes, our apartment is quite cozy, I think.  Compared to the "apartment" (a.k.a. glorified dorm room) I had in Beijing, this one is spacious, but it is also very homey.  I can imagine a family living in this type of apartment, and actually, our complex is mostly inhabited by families.  The University of Macao owns this apartment and a few others in this building and provides them to employees at a fraction of the cost others would have to pay.  Nice.

We have a living / dining room, a kitchen and pantry, three bedrooms and two baths.  We live on the twelvth of 24-28 (?) floors.

But you know, the apartment was lacking something.  Namely, plants.  That's when neighbor upstairs (another teacher with the ELC) came to the rescue.  As he was moving, he offered us is plants.  Of course, there are always conditions, and part of the condition that we receive the plants is that we provide a home for Harry.  Yes, Harry is pictured below.  Can you see him?  He guards our apartment from intruders with his ferocious little bird-lion face. 

No comments:

Post a Comment