"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings
Friday, August 26, 2011
Tastes like Chicken
Surprisingly, chicken feet do not taste like chicken. How do I know? I tried my first chicken foot.
I lived in Beijing for two years without eating this so-called delicacy, and I wouldn't have eaten a chicken foot now if Angie hadn't prompted me so much. Angie, Jess, and I went out for dim sum with faculty and staff from the English Language Centre on Wednesday afternoon, and I decided it was time to try.
The only good-tasting part was the sauce, while the skin and meat were rather quite tasteless and the texture was none too pleasing. As the "toes" bend a little bit, I had the sensation that I was chewing on a very small, skinny finger. I will not be trying chicken feet again.
Thanks again to my roommate, Jess, for the photo below. The smile on my face is merely for the sake of the photo. I really wasn't that pleased, to be sure. Ha!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment