Thursday, October 6, 2011

Muscadines

I am happy to find that there are muscadines in Macau.  Or at least a very close cousin to a muscadine.  The ones I had tasted very similar except the skins were thinner.

Janice is a colleague of mine who is from the UK and has worked in Asia for 25+ years.  I was at her home a few weeks ago for a fireworks party (she has a great view of the waterfront), when she announced that Sumi had brought a "strange kind of grape."  Yes, they were muscadines (or the look-alike cousin).  Muscadines are not my favorite type of grape, but there's something about them that just says fall to me.  I remember that my apartment in Atlanta had these growing wild in the woods behind our complex, and I can often find them on the roadsides in Wildwood this time of the year.

Janice let me take some home, and I packed them in my lunch the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment