Wednesday, November 16, 2011

A Blast from the Past

Well, if any of you have been checking up on Jess' blog, you might have seen her recent post on Jimmy Fallon doing a "Doors"-style cover of the theme song from Reading Rainbow.  Since Jess and I began talking about Reading Rainbow on Sunday, I've had the theme song from the show playing through my head intermittently with the Doors' "Light my Fire" in the background.  Fun, huh?

So, today, while "working" in the office, I just had to watch a few clips from Reading Rainbow on youtube.  It was great!  And then I wondered if I could just maybe find something else.  I used to watch Reading Rainbow and Sesame Street in the early days of my childhood (1987-89).  I'm not one of these people who can remember a lot of details of movies, but for some reason, the Sesame Street episode where they visit a Mexican restaurant always comes to mind mind when I think of Sesame Street.  I can even see the red sauce they put on the enchiladas.  So, I did a search, and yes, there it was!  Even the red sauce!  Apparently, someone else has warm, fuzzy memories of enchiladas, too.  :)

 

Another clip from Sesame Street that I always remember is the one where a girl goes to see how stamps are made.  This is how I learned that red+blue+yellow = brown.  Youtube has this one, too!!  I love the little brown dog on these stamps. 

From reading the viewer posts on youtube, I can tell that there's lots of other 20- and 30-somethings out there who are enjoying these clips.  Here's to re-living childhood memories!


1 comment:

  1. I always remember the one where they made the crayons...

    ReplyDelete