Sunday, November 13, 2011

Sunday in the Park

I decided to do a little more resting this Sunday.  Not "busy" rest, but "absence of work" rest.  So, I headed to a nearby park.  It is called "Lou Lim Ioc Garden."  Lonely Planet says:  "This picturesque Chinese garden was originally owned by Lou Wa Sio back in the 19th century and later inherited by his son Lou Lim Ioc.  Now it's open to the public and local people use the park to practice t'ai chi or play traditional musical instruments.  It contains huge shady trees, lotus ponds, golden bamboo groves, grottoes and a bridge with nine turns (since evil spirits can only move in straight lines).

I've visited this park often.  I'll attach photos from today and some others that I took back in August.

On my way to the park.  The air seems different in  fall...more clear, more sharp.  I liked the way the sun  was shining on the apartment balconies.  

The yellow wall surrounds the park.  

The park doesn't cover a very large area, but the winding paths and pagodas make it feel larger.

Bonsai!

The pond.  A turtle jumped off the rock just before I took the photo.

This photo was taken in August.  People love to feed the fish in the pond.

Also taken in August.  It's not so sunny now.

Of course, this was taken in August.  The lotus are all dead or dying now.

Taken today - I spotted another one of my friends on the wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment