Sunday, November 20, 2011

My students

I am not resting this Sunday.  At least not yet.  I had a little grading to do in the office today, so here I am.  It's quiet in the building and a perfect time to leisurely grade some projects my students submitted. 

The assignment was to create a commercial, as our unit was on advertising.  Creating an advertisement was a good way for the students to creatively show off the vocabulary and concepts they had learned.  For the assignment, I gave each group a common object and asked them to think of three uncommon functions for that object.  Then, they had to create a commercial for the object that emphasized those uncommon functions. 

As I'm watching and re-watching the videos today, I have to say that I feel very blessed to have such a wonderful group of students.  They are fun to teach, and it is so rewarding to see their English improve. 

The video posted here is one of the better (and funnier) ones.  The object was a plastic bag.  The three uncommon functions are:  water shoes, an "auto-irriagtion", and a vest. 

2 comments: