Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Spring is here, finally!

Yes, I am still here.  Nearly six weeks since my last post, and the only thing I can say is "mid-semester slump."  I experience it every semester, right along with my students.  The weather changes.  The deadlines start piling up.  The grading starts piling up.  A slight tickle in the throat turns into a sore throat...you can see how this goes.  I'll spare you the details of the latest assignments and whatnot.  Light is at the end of the tunnel...five weeks of classes are left in the semester, and I'm determined to make them five relaxed, enjoyable weeks (as much as I can).  I have plans for making rice krispy treats for my classes and having lots of fun the last days of class.  I realized that I haven't mentioned much about my school / office life on here, so recently I took a few photos around the basement of the Macau University Library, where my office is located.


My cubicle is next to Angie's.  Hers it next to Jess'.  



My bulletin board.  It has photos of the family, a calendar from my church in Macau, and a drawing one of my students did for an assignment.



Mark is my head teacher for the level one classes I teach.  This semester and last, he started the year by giving us each a bag of M&Ms and these hilarious directions for our "stress medicine."



I had this in my book bag.  I checked it out from the library and finished it in a few days.  It's a new favorite.

1 comment:

  1. I love Willa Cather! I now have to go comb the library & see which books I have...

    ReplyDelete