Friday, April 27, 2012

Taking it easy

The 2011-2012 school year is over and my heart is light.  There's nothing like a full school year to make you appreciate the slow summer months.  I am still in "work mode" and had a to-do list for myself today.  Pretty soon, though, I'll get caught up on those chores I haven't had time to do, and I'll find myself kicked back with a good book and a cup of coffee.  Here's a look at what I've been up to since my last blog post:


Been collecting flowers from the "cotton tree."  I learned that you can make a tea from them.   



Got my hair cut.  Not bad.



Had a delicious Easter dinner.  Jess made the ham and baked asparagus.  




Tried my hand at deviled eggs and shrimp and grits.





Been making the rounds to the local parks.  The shabby second flower is actually the same kind Molly had on her blog this week.  I was surprised and pleased to see it blooming here (the blooms only last a day and my walk is always after work, at the end of its life).


Not sure what to think of the fact that McDonald's has been in Macau for 25 years.  Sadly, I support them much more than I ever have, living less than a block away.



I opened my desk drawer for something and noticed a tiny speck of mold.  Then, I decided to take out the drawers completely to wipe them down.  Little did I know what lurked behind them.  This mold is so creepy in its growth pattern - I don't know why a science fiction film hasn't yet been created about mold taking over the world.  I even found mold growing on my passport!



I normally don't like egg custard, but Carol brought over these chilled little custard-filled eggs, and they were yummy.



Jess and Angie like to dispute who is taller.  I decided to end their dispute by marking their heights on the wall.  When it was my turn, they kept asking if I was standing up straight.  I don't think any of us realized I was quite the shorty - by a good inch!

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment