Saturday, October 6, 2012

Amy was here

September 30 is the New Moon Festival and October 1 is National Day in China, and we had off from work the two days following Oct. 1, as well.  So from Friday Sept. 28 to October 3, my friend, Amy, came down for a visit from Shantou University in Shantou, China.  Amy and I met when she was doing the second year of her master's coursework in AL / ESL from GA State at Tsinghua University.  Though we were in the same degree program, we had never actually met before.  And we became good friends, as is Amy's way.  She is a vivacious, outgoing person who is full of never-ending energy, which I admire.

A snazzy picture of Amy that I found on Google images.  Love her style!

It was Amy's first visit to Macau, so I showed her all the sights.  As one of my colleagues said, "And what did you do the other four days?"  Ha, ha.  I actually think there is a lot to see in Macau, though we did have plenty of time to watch movies and hang out in cafes.  Thanks for a great visit, Amy.  You're welcome to stay again any time. :)

The obligatory photo at the ruins of St. Paul's Cathedral.

The chapel in the protestant cemetery.  Small, but I like it the best.

We caught the bear sun-bathing.
Angie and I had a moon cake party.  Our friends (from left to right) Stella, (Amy), Christine, Karen, Miranda and Azita came over to make moon cakes.  September 30th is the moon cake festival.  Chinese families eat these cakes and look at the moon, which symbolizes family.

Our moon cakes were made from a glutinous rice flour dough and filled with mashed sweet potatoes and mashed taro.  I liked them much better than store-bought ones.


An abandoned boat factory we found in Coloane.  I didn't take many photos that day but wish I had - we visited Hac Sa Beach and it was lovely.  :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment