While waiting for the elevator the other night, my neighbor came out and seemed slightly suprised to see me, but went ahead about his business. He posted a sign above his shoe rack (barely visible here) and then looked side-long and me and wrote something else on it. Later, as I was coming back for the night, I read the sign: "Rubbish room" (with arrow pointing in the correct direction) and "Do not put rubbish on people's shoe rack." It was written in Chinese, and then underneath, in English, the same. Just for me, I suppose.
Hey, bud, it takes me longer to walk to your shoe rack than it does the actual rubbish room.
Anyway, I like his door. He has incense burners on the floor (behind the shoe rack) and the wall. He lights them twice a day, around 7 am and 7 pm, and does a little bow each time.
A busy girl still has to eat. My after-school snack of instant seaweed soup (from the Japanese grocery store) and Portuguese bread (from Mei Xin bakery).
And dinner. Instant dumplings, which can douple for tomorrow's lunch, salad, and my favorite, grape and sour cherry juice.
No comments:
Post a Comment