Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Christmases

It was such a blessing to be at home this Christmas.  I had been away for one full year, and it truly felt like it.  I was literally counting down the days until time to go home.  Being at home was so refreshing!



Mom always puts this ornament of mine on the tree.  I made it when I was about 5 years old.  Haven't changed much, right?  Still cute as ever...haha...



This one's for you, Mom.  Uncle Ben used to re-arrange the "NOEL" angels to torment mom.  Sounds just like an older brother.



This year, Mom and Dad have moved in with Granddaddy, so our Christmas was held in Granddaddy's formal living room.  There was something nostalgic about it, because little has changed in this room for the past 30 years.  It could have as easily been 1984 as 2014.  For me, it was a nice feeling to know that your childhood can be recaptured (especially after being away for a year).



We had Christmas with Carrie's family first.  Willa got a ladybug umbrella.



Sam was eager to open it all at once.  Mom had to slow him down a bit.



Looks a lot like Carrie in this one.



She got it open, much to everyone's delight.



Even Abby got a gift (from Sarah), which she promptly chewed the legs off of.



Mom knows how to rock those turbans.  I'm telling you, Mom, you should keep wearing them, even after your hair comes back in.



Spiffers, the Stain Queen.



Tivoli, who just celebrated her 17th birthday!  Seems like just yesterday that I was celebrating mine!



Auntie and Uncle.



Yeah, we're the professionals.  That 1000-piece puzzle was done in about 6 hours.



My favorite gift.  Thanks, Mom.  I know Grandma was helping us find the right pieces.  She probably said "Hallelujah!" when we got one in.



The finished product.



Dominoes!  Vic remains the champion.



Does that umbrella look familiar?  It should!  We had Christmas with Molly's family next, and Indi was also the proud owner of a ladybug umbrella.



Brother got a shrimp farm (from me).



Cute!







Love this pic.  He is so darn cute!



And then, too soon...




...back to Macau.  I'm back into the routine now (second week of classes, already), but it sure was rough to go from "Happy Holidays" to this...this was on the 1:30 am ferry, and I arrived around 2:30 am.  Even at that time of night, Macau's bumpin!  

Here's to an awesome 2015!  Happy New Year!


No comments:

Post a Comment