Thursday, June 19, 2014

Shanghai, October 1 Holiday, 2013

I'm organizing my electronic files this afternoon and ran across photos from my Shanghai trip.  Better upload them before they get deleted.

Ally Park is a friend of mine through church.  She teaches hospitality at Macau University of Science and Technology (MUST) - the same university where Tina is a nurse.  Tina was in Shanghai for a medical conference while Ally and I were in Shanghai, so we got to meet up for a meal in-between sight-seeing.

The trip began well enough:

Ally teaching me the proper way to hold chopsticks (I always hold them incorrectly).

 
 
Sight-seeing at a temple with a gorgeous koi pond.


 
 
Wandering along Shanghai's historic water-front area, the Bund (see the full autumn moon over my head?).



 
 
Taking lots of self-shots while doing random things.
 

 
Eating famous Shanghai dishes with Tina.


But the trip ended poorly with a 2-day delay due to a typhoon in the south of China.  Our plane was delayed and we lived out of the airport and Tina's hotel room for the two extra nights.  We ended up splitting ways, with Ally taking a flight to Hangzhou then Shenzhen and a ferry to Macau, and I waited an extra day for the direct Macau flight.  I still have a bitter taste in my mouth for the Shanghai airport and am a bit leery of our lay-over there next week when Tina and I go to Japan.  Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment