Friday, June 20, 2014

Spicy

Cathy and I go out about once a month for a meal and a catch-up.  For May, we met in Zhuhai and ate at one of Cathy's favorite local noodle restaurants.  I'd walked by the place many times before (it's in the shopping mall outside the border gate), but hadn't ventured in before.  Wow!  It was delicious! I'll certainly go for a bowl of noodles again the next time I'm shopping. 

It's one of those places where the menu is on the wall.

 
Cathy is contemplating the heartburn the 酸菜鱼 ("Suan Cai Yu" or "Pickled fish") will give her.  It's not really pickled, but it's served with pickled veggies and dried red chilies in sour broth.  That's cilantro on top.  Love it!!!

 
Our feast:  Noodles, Suan Cai Yu, and Sour Spicy Frog (it's actually another favorite of mine!).  Yeah, the heartburn was worth it!



No comments:

Post a Comment