Saturday, August 11, 2012

In Remembrance


There is so much that I want to say but I cannot right now.  My next post was supposed to be about Grandma's 90th birthday that we celebrated on Saturday.  Instead, this post is about her passing.  I just received the news, and all I can say is I wish I could know what she is experiencing right now.  I don't think she ever really felt satisfied with Biblical descriptions of Heaven or songs that spoke of "flying away".  She was too practical for that.  And I know if I could speak with her now, she would tell me every little detail of what she is experiencing.  I hope that she is eating a "real" banana split (no artificial sweeteners) and that she is getting to see Grandpa, Uncle Ben, and her parents.  I hope she knows how much I love her and will miss her.  Grandma, you brought so much light into my life.  It is a little darker now without you.  I will miss you so much!






No comments:

Post a Comment