When I arrived in Macau of August 2011, all I knew was that a "Carol" from the ELC was going to meet me and take me to my new apartment. And Carol did meet me, though not after giving me a scare, as she was nowhere to be found when I got off the ferry in Macau after 36 hours of travel. I was just trying to make a phone call at a public payphone, when she sidled up with a cold drink in hand. She's been leading me around Macau and making it possible for me to get things done at work ever since.
She's been a good friend, and we're going to miss her around here while she studies in Italy for six months. I'm looking forward to a possible visit to Italy and of course to her return in April (learn to make us some Italian food, Carol!). Safe travels!

No comments:
Post a Comment